Careers, Information and Guidance
At Dinnington High School, we firmly believe that our students can and should follow an aspirational path in life which is based on their interests, so that they can engage in work which they enjoy. We are passionate about supporting them to investigate what direction they might take after finishing school as well as developing the excellent employability skills they will need in an increasingly competitive careers market.
At Dinnington we aim for all students to receive high quality careers education and guidance in order for our students to make informed decisions, understand the wealth of careers possibilities available to them, build key employability skills and see that there is a route to excellence in whatever they choose to do.
We provide careers guidance and advice on further education, training and employment across KS3, KS4 and post-16. We also involve many outside agencies to support our offer such as higher education providers and employers.
We provide independent careers, advice and guidance in a number of ways: Mrs Sykes is our independent, very experienced careers advisor. We also ensure students have opportunities to visit and hear from a range of training providers about apprenticeships and college courses. Students also have opportunity to meet a range of employers as well as attending careers fairs. Next school year, we will also run our own careers fair.
If you have any queries about careers education or higher education/employment please email: email@example.com
Or call 01909 550066.
Click the link below to view our Provider Access Policy
We warmly welcome connecting with our alumni and other members of our community who wish to support our school and students in any way. To register to be part of our Alumni and Here to Help volunteer network, please see the link below.
Dr A Irvine Careers & Aspirations Lead
Dr Irvine is the careers lead for the school as well as a science teacher. She mainly teaches chemistry and physics up to A-level.
- MA Applied Studies in Education-University of Sheffield
- PGDE (Chemistry)-University of Sheffield
- PhD Biochemistry and Biophysics-University of Sheffield
- BSc Medical Biochemistry-University of Manchester
Mrs J Jones Careers and Aspirations Co-ordinator
Mrs Jones has provided IAG to Y11-Y13 students for over 15 years. She also teaches Health and Social Care.
- BA Hons in Education and Learning Support- Sheffield Hallam University
- PGCE Post 16 and Lifelong Learning Sector – University of Hull
The success of our Careers Team and Careers Programme can be measured in a number of ways. Through the year, and at the first LGB of each new year, we provide information to our Governing Body on:
- Number of students who are not in education, employment or training after Y11 or Y13 (NEETs)
- The range of Careers Opportunities that students have had access to including:
- `Trips & visits to careers fairs, employers, HE & FE providers
- Work experience
- Visitors into school from employers and other providers
- Careers information through Life, Guidance and Form Time
- Meetings with careers team/careers advisor
- How we compare to the Gatsby Benchmarks
- This information is reviewed each year with the LGB.
We also use the Compass Plus toolkit to assess our progress with our careers work.
Review of Careers Information Date: September 2022.