After discussions with our Trust and in light of staff impacted by the current situation, from Wednesday 18th March, we will be closed to Years 8, 9, and 10 until Easter (we break up on Friday 3 April).
We remain open to Years 11-13 so we maximise the time we have with them for exam preparation. For Year 7, we are mindful that as our youngest students, parents would appreciate us keeping them as long as we can.
Like you, we await daily updates from our Prime Minister, and if that changes things in school, we will update you as soon as possible.
- Any student or student with a household member with a new persistent cough or high temperature in any year group should be isolated for 14 days and we will not allow them back into school.
- If you are the parent of a child in Years 8-10 who is eligible for Free School Meals, we will send you a supermarket voucher for food to make lunches as soon as the vouchers arrive in school.
- An email will follow later today for parents with students at home with information about how to access work; we have already put work on our Student Gateway (instructions will be in the email).
- We are identifying students with no IT access and will send paper work home as soon as we possibly can.
- No extracurricular activities, no parents’ evenings or shows will happen until instructions change from the government.
We will send out a weekly update for all parents.
We apologise that we have not been able to keep all students in school, and we appreciate your understanding.